Thursday 13 October 2011

Death brings new life

At this time of year, when we look around the garden, we see the last of our flowers struggling to keep in bloom.
We filled 2 hanging baskets this year with Antirrhinum (Snapdragons) and Violas. And they were gorgeous when in full bloom.
But the past week they have started to look a bit dreary, so I took them down to see if I could tidy them up a bit to get the most out of them before they die off completely.
But look what I found....

One of the most curious seed pods I have ever come across belonging to the Violas...

So whats a gardener to do but collect some! and maybe next year we wont have to buy any Violas!

On the Snapdragon front ...
Its a bit like beauty n the beast! but I had to collect some of their seeds too...

Now I just have to get pots, compost and time to sow some seed.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the seeds that's very industrious of you and a great idea. Must have a browse in the garden to see what's possible. Love your delicate and sensitive photographs, thoughtful:~)

    ReplyDelete