I know this is completely off track from my usual blog posts but when I came across this again I thought it was something nice enough to share.
In the late '90s BBC had a documentary called 'How to be Happy' and as a result of the research into the programme a team of 'experts' came up with a '10 point plan'.
I found this '10 point plan' stuck on an old office wall at a time when I needed an extra bit of happiness and couldnt resist taking a copy.
At the very least it makes for interesting reading:
1. Get physical: Take half an hour of exercise three times a week.
2. Count your blessings: At the end of each day reflect on at least five things you are grateful for.
3.Take time to talk: Have an hour-long, uninterupted conversation with your partner or closest friend each week.
4. Plant something: Even if it's just in a window box or pot. Keep it alive!
5. Cut your TV viewing by half.
6.Smile at and/or say hello to a stranger at least once a day.
7. Phone a friend: Make contact with at least one friend or relation whom you have not spoken to for a while and arrange to meet up.
8. Have a good laugh at least once a day.
9. Give yourself a treat every day and take your time to really enjoy it.
10. Spread some kindness: Do a good turn for someone every day.
Thursday, 13 September 2012
|Our stock of treated wood|
|Clearing the ditch (view 'up' the garden) '11|
|Ditch cleared, posts & sheep wire up(view 'down' the garden) '11|
|All nice & neat (view 'down' the garden) '11|
|Posts in; cement filled around them '12|
|12' lengths halved & shaped|
|Putting the fence together|
|View 'up' the garden|
|Had a little help turning the corner|
All finished, 100ft of fencing. For this part of the garden all I have to do now is to make a gate; but thats another days work methinks.