Friday 8 June 2012

Enough with the rain already!

I love the rain, in moderation of course.

I love to see everything go extra green after a shower, and the droplets of water drickle off blooms; as I run for my camera to try and capture some images....Thats on a good day though.

After a few hours it gets a bit boring, then after a few days it gets downright annoying!

I hit off out in the last hour to take a few pictures of our gardens 'wet bits' in the hope of finding something positive after the torrential downpours. So on with my wellies, I knew I'd need them today.


We had so much rain yesterday that last night I had to go out digging a bit of a drain to try and clear away some of the excess water that was holding up behind our new extension....thankfully alot of it had cleared away by this morning (really need to get the footpath/drainage in).

Know how these guys feel..................

Theres a bit of sand in this barrow but the rain has filled it the past few days..

Think these wee Sycamore seedlings are watered enough, time to take them out of their 'bath'....

Even the poor Rhubarb are flooded, but I cant remove them from their watery home...

We really need to put some drainage into our garden, all of the lawns have surface water.
Everywhere I walk there is this..

My photographic walk-about had to end abrubtly, not by the driving rain (wasnt heavy while I was out) but because our farmer neighbour had arrived at his farm next door and if he took a glance over the ditch and saw me out taking pictures in the rain he might think me a tad mad.
So I tucked my camera away for a brighter day (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment