Thursday 18 August 2011

Ten days ago....

I havent been on here in what feels like ages, we have had a busy 2 weeks or so.
Busy doing 'staycations', and entertaining relatives and kids. Sligo, Donegal and Dublin got visits; a couple of nights in each county has meant we had some sort of summer holiday, but none of it will stand out in a few months time.
Why? because it seemed to rain most of the time! and although it did stay dry for our 'outdoor' trips, its just not the same without suncream, shorts and sandals...........which reminds me I didnt even have to buy sandals/flipflops for the kids this year! Now THATS a real sign of our summer isnt it?

So thats my excuse for not posting, but I did take a few pics....
Ten days ago these were taken
A wee Gourd & its predator!

I am having a constant battle keeping slugs off our Gourds, I will have to have a better plan next year. I never thought of any kind of slug barrier when planting these babies out. Our 3 Courgette plants are completely gone, and the Pumpkins are just about surviving..
But the Cabbage I planted are thriving, just have to see how long I can keep the netting on, and the cabbage white butterfly off!

On a different note anyone who has had building work done on their house will know our pain....(even though its a voluntary pain) our building of an extension is such an intrusion on our garden/workshop/home. They're nice guys but getting an extension is a pain in the ar*e! It started back in early July and now the novelty has gone! We're hoping it will be finished very soon so we can get back to normality! This was our building work ten days ago..

Hopefully I wont leave blogging as long the next time now that the summer hols are nearly over.. oh and heres a couple of Poppy flowers...2 survivors of about 30 I planted ! look nice though and on the plus side I will try to save some seed from them, so it hasnt been a total flop.

No comments:

Post a Comment