Friday 2 March 2012

One dog, two boys & alot of Frogspawn

One thing about living in the countryside is the abundance of lanes/sideroads around to go for walks on. We're very lucky to have one such lane within a stones throw of our house, just a pity we have to walk along a main road for a few metres before we get to it. Not exactly child friendly, but at least the lane is fairly car free.

Where I grew up as a child, with the Atlantic ocean on one side and the Ox mountains on the other, we had loads of choice of routes to venture on safely.We even had a small river (to big to call a stream) running at the back of my parents farm. A childs paradise, and I have loads of great memories of myself and my siblings conquering the world and its mother while on these adventures too.

Its a part of my childhood I wish for our boys, and bringing them on walks is my way of giving them some memories of adventure and family fun, albeit with a tag along mother and a Jack Russell.....

It was a lovely spring day yesterday and because it was World Book Day the boys didnt get any homework except to read a book (which they do anyway every night before bed). So by 3.30 we were  'venturing' down the lane.

And this is what we found ...

What I hear you say, (as you strain to see whats in the picture), well heres another one....


Any ideas yet? frogspawn................hundreds if not thousands of the wee dots. I'm afraid I only had my iphone on this walk, was sorry I didnt have my camera for better shots, ah well, next time..

Our lane (as I'm going to call it from now on) has a few streams flowing along it, and theres water, water everywhere. A frogs dream home.


And a swamp...

No comments:

Post a Comment