Friday 4 May 2012

Baby 'things'

I dont think I will ever tire of seeing baby 'things' and Spring is just a wonderful time of year for new baby stuff isnt it? And I dont mean human babies, even though I never tire of seeing newborns either.



Just when the lambing season comes to an end it seems our neighbouring farmer still has babies to deal with and this year he has a different mare with a foal in the field behind our house. A lovely treat every morning when I open back the curtains on our bedroom window.

But not all babies are so easily accessible for photographing as I found out yesterday morning when out for a photo drive.


I found this mammy duck with her 11 ducklings enjoying a summer morning swim, but as soon as she spotted me she was off into the side of the pond with her brood in tow.

I told her I'd be back some day and will get better pics (I hope).



These tiny Pansys self seeded from hanging baskets we had over this spot last year, miniture bundles of gorgeousness.

But best of all this week was a Greenfinch chick being fed.............I love Mother Nature.

Mammy bird ate from our peanut feeder then passed it onto her chick...lovely.


2 comments:

  1. Great photos, it really is a lovely time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and it sure is..gorgeous when its not pelting it down.

    ReplyDelete