A couple of posts ago I blogged about making a wooden fence, but without its gate.
Finally getting to blog about the finished product.
After a little bit of research I figured out how to put it together so that it wouldnt fall apart (well heres hoping anyway).
I put the frame together first before adding the fence posts.
Then put the hinges on and stuck it up!
As you can sorta make out from the photo above I did place the hinges in the wrong place (left gate)on first attempt.
Next thing a latch, a drop bolt and a bolt for locking them.
I have to put another drop bolt on the left gate as there is still a bit of movement when it is very windy out (spotted it yesterday during a torrential downpour).
After that I have to dig out where the dropbolts are entering the ground (just a hole in the gravel at present) and put in a small rectangle of concrete to give the drop bolts a nice new solid home.
And thats it finished! no more goats entering the veg garden this way! and alot more privacy and security this side of the house.