Tuesday 10 May 2011

Inbetween the showers yesterday..

We ventured outside yesterday afternoon after the storm to check on our young and I took some photos of a few of them.
That was the first really bad storm we have had all year here, thunder/lightening and hailstones, followed by a massive downpour. We felt sorry for the poor cattle in the field beside us trying to take cover under a big auld Horse Chestnut tree. I got a photo of the rain after it had passed....I pity anyone caught outdoors in it!


Our first Rose buds are out, and survived the storm, thankfully they were in a sheltered spot.
This is from a Hybrid Rose, no other name, it's a small patio Rose that we bought last year in the local supermarket.


I planted a few Dahlia tubers about 3 weeks ago, this one I planted in an old metal watering can that had seen better days. Its coming on nicely, looking forward to it filling out and flowering!
Dahlias bring back nice memories for me of my childhood. My mother had loads of them in the garden and their flower always intrigued me.

And our Strawberries are starting to lose their flowers, fruit starting to show and the sneaky runners are flying!(am being cruel and cutting them off).





No comments:

Post a Comment